Friday, February 3, 2012

What herbs can I add to homemade shampoo and what are their benefits?

I wish to make shampoo at home using natural soap. I thought of adding strained green tea and neem (Azadirachta indica) juice/water to the shampoo. What other herbs can I add?

I live in India, and avocado, rosemary, lavender, etc which are commonly used in homemade shampoos in the west are not easily available here. Can someone help me out here?



PS: I am not interested in other haircare recipes and SPECIFICALLY want to make SHAMPOO.
What herbs can I add to homemade shampoo and what are their benefits?
Lemon and chamomile give you highlights. And green tea and tea tree oil are deep cleansing. Jasmine smells wonderful. And any citrus extracts make it clarifying and shine enhancing as well as energizing. I would try to add lots of natural fruit, nut and flower oils for moisture and shine. If you have oily hair then add vinegar, or sea salt. Almond, coconut and olive oils help repair the hair from the inside out.
Reply:Tea tree oil is really good. Do a search on it. It'll help with shine and it's a great medicinal.

  • engine oil
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment