Saturday, February 11, 2012

I have just rencently bought herbs, how quickly do they replenish themselves?

I bought 2 plants of lemon balm, 3 rosemary, 3 basil, 2 pinapple sage, 2 lavender. I actually wanted to be able to daily trim the plants possible up to 3-4 times a week, and sell the trimmings, how far down can i cut the plants, and how fast will they grow, to keep a constant supply, do i need to buy more? Even though they are fairly large plants already, they will just keep growing?
I have just rencently bought herbs, how quickly do they replenish themselves?
FAST! and herbs LOVE to be pruned/clipped.



You can actually trim them daily for cooking with and its not a problem.

Lemon Balm grows like weeds literally! The more you cut the faster and wider it grows so you may want to watch that where as I let it go wild in the rock bush bulb garden area near my deck to keep the mosquito population down.



I don't know much about preparation for selling the trimmings on the basil n such unless you mean laying them out on a screen type thing for drying to sell dried herbs?



But bottom line on herbs, they basically grow like weeds, the more you trim them.

Water at the base EG place in a watering tray/bowl whatever n let them self water.



hope that helps have fUn^^

No comments:

Post a Comment