Monday, February 13, 2012

How much of these herbs do I need for my tea recipe?

Grape concentrate – ? of a glass

Spring water

A few mint leaves

A few sprigs of rosemary.





I only have mint flakes and rosemary leaves.

but th recipe says mint leaves and rosmary sprigs
How much of these herbs do I need for my tea recipe?
I would say that you need to experiment with the tea recipe. Start off with a small amount of both herbs and increase the amount each time until you get the herbs adjusted to your taste.
Reply:The recipe is written for fresh herbs, not dried. Dried herbs and fresh herbs do not taste the same so you won't get the same results if you use dried. If this is a recipe where you have to steep the herbs in the spring water, you could try tieing the dried herbs in a coffee filter or cheesecloth and then steep them.



I would equate a few mint leaves to 5 or 6 and a few sprigs of rosemary to 2 or 3 3-inch sprigs. Dried,well maybe 1/2 tsp of mint and 1/4 tsp of rosemary.



If the herbs are not steeped, using dried herbs may not work to well.



What is the recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment