Monday, January 30, 2012

What do they usually do during pest control in an apartment building?

My building has pest control schedules, I was told the company will come next week and they want access to the bathroom, closets and kitchen. What do they do when they pest control the apartment? do I need to empty my closets?, I have a cat, a betta and a few indoor plants mostly cooking spices like chives, rosemary, etc, I am wondering if it is safe for my pets and if they will give me trouble because I have plants inside, any advice?
What do they usually do during pest control in an apartment building?
Did they give you anything to leave for the exterminator? I used to leave a checklist for apartments. The tenants were asked to fill out and leave them on the kitchen table. They were to inform me of any problems or concerns, like pets.

The main focus should be inspection, to look for problems. The bathroom and kitchen access is because bugs need water. The closets is probably for mice. Don't empty the closets. Just try to clear the floor.

The days of random spraying and baseboard treatment are supposed to be gone. If the exterminator is any good, they will figure out you have a cat in about 2 seconds, and be careful. The plants will be fine. Several herbs repel bugs naturally. They are a good thing to have around.
Reply:They usually spray around the base boards. I would keep your cat out while that is being done. Don't worry about the plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment